The mission of PDS is to provide an elementary school program that will help each individual to develop the spiritual, intellectual, physical and social potential with which he has been endowed by his Creator to the end that he may fully realize God's purpose in the whole of his life.
Statement of Faith
We, the members of the Board, Staff and Faculty of the Presbyterian Day School of Clarksdale, Mississippi, do hereby declare our faith in and allegiance to these central tenets of the historic Christian faith, which will guide us in our common ministry:
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe that there is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who are to be equally loved, honored and adored.
- We believe that all mankind participated in Adam’s fall from his original sinless state and is thus lost in sin and in need of redemption.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His future personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that justification is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone, and that through it the undeserving sinner is completely forgiven and is clothed with the perfect righteousness of Christ.
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful people.
- We believe that the goal of God’s salvation in the life of the Christian is holiness, good works, and service for the glory of God, and that this goal is realized through the present ministry of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
- We believe that at death the Christian’s soul passes immediately into the presence of God and the unbeliever’s soul is eternally separated from God unto condemnation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, at a time when He is not expected, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- We believe that both the saved and the lost will be resurrected at the return of Jesus Christ on the Last Day; those who are saved shall be raised to everlasting life, and those who are lost shall be raised to everlasting destruction.